IndyJunior © Bryan Boyer

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Culture shock...

I don't think there is anything that can prepare you for the difference I've seen here in Delhi vs. anywhere else in the world. It is amazing.

While in Chennai, we saw nothing outside of the pick up drop off area in front of the two terminals. In Delhi though, once we got to the Main Bazaar in Paharganj it is extremely hard to explain.

The street is a main street in the area, yet it doesn't have sidewalks, street lines, it isn't even straight. It's just store front to street.

Pedestrians everywhere, tuk tuk's everywhere, cars everywhere, and yes, (we read about it but didn't really believe it) cow's everywhere! It's so overwhelming. I'm still not sure who has the right of way, but I do know the Cow's don't give a sh!t about anything! :)

The next thing that I haven't gotten used to is the rolling blackouts. I think every store and hotel here have back up gas generators. We went through one last night, and another while eating breakfast this morning. The street is so loud when the generators are going!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home