IndyJunior © Bryan Boyer

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Geocache attempt

I found what seemed like a very cool Geocache here in Hong Kong and was hoping to get a chance to go look for it.

Apparently is was a "WWII" cache which was supposed to have some old bullet shells in there with some CD roms which I have no idea what was on them. Sounds interesting enough.

After having lunch with my sister in Shek-O, we started talking about this whole Geocache thing and she seemed interested enough and offered to drive us around the area to look for this thing.

You can imagine the scene with my GPS on her dash, me shouting out to her "650m, 600m, 550m, yes we're going in the right direction..."

After a few wrong turns we ended up in a cemetary where I thought it was going to be but after a bit of a search we found out that we were about 70m away outside the cemetary's entrance so away we went again.

We ended up pulling over to the side of the road and Jenni and I got out to go find this thing. We were 33 m away from it and we were heading into a small stone path when I saw the biggest fricking spider I've ever seen sitting in the middle of his web blocking the path. I swear it was the size of a dinner plate!!! I stopped just in time as my head hit something in the path. Instinctively I backed up and felt this sticky stuff pull off my head. As I looked up, I saw another fricking huge spider sitting in the middle of his web. I'm glad it didn't come after me as I walked into the web.

In any event, I called the search off after seeing these huge spiders. Jenni suggested we just take a branch and clear it off....ummm No.

We just left. Whatever was in the cache will stay there.... :(

4 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:13 a.m.  

  • OMG IAN! A WWII cache and you call off the search from 33M because of a LOUSY SPIDER?!

    Come on man! Hike up your skirt and get in there! WWII = Cool!

    Ugh. *Sigh*. Huff.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:10 a.m.  

  • Spiders huh? Are they like snakes to your Indiana Jones? Beloque was surely behind the placement of those spiders.

    Enjoying reading about your travels Ian.

    By Blogger monkeyfeather, at 9:59 a.m.  

  • The spiderS were really really REALLY big! And it's not a skirt, it's a Sarong! :P

    By Blogger Ian, at 3:02 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home