IndyJunior © Bryan Boyer

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Getting down from the Great Wall

We took a trip to the Great Wall (although the Chinese translation is "Long" wall) at Mutianyu just outside of Beijing.

Finally, we made it to the wall and it didn't kick our butts! Although, to get to the wall you need to take a chairlift up. :) Oh well...
After a short 1.5 hour hike around we decided to go down and that's where the fun is. To get down you can either take the chairlift back down OR you can take a super cool toboggan ride down. Of course that's what we took.

Here's a pic of the warning sign.
It's one of the most fun things we've done. I swear Canada needs to get some of these rides made up. I think Blue Mountain needs to install a ride like this. I did manage to get a video of the whole ride.

Those of you who have been in front of Jenni while biking will be able to relate to what I felt on the ride down. That woman is a tailgator I tell ya. Check it out for yourself. ;)

p.s.: Don't mind my childish shrieks of joy as I'm going down...

2 Comments:

  • Blue Mountain used to have that. I remember riding on it when I came visit Canada in 1991.

    K4

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:10 p.m.  

  • What a cool ride! darn I should've found that out when we were at the peak of Badaling, I saw some sort of track as well there didn't know what it was for! I hear ya Ian, I think Samantha is picking up the same tailgating habit from jenni as well during biking these days.

    Cheers,
    Slee

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:38 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home