IndyJunior © Bryan Boyer

Monday, August 07, 2006

GCWJ29

Now, this by no way makes my failure at the WWII Ammo Dump geocache any better. I'm still feeling the hurt from the comments... :(

But we did go out and look for another one today and yes, I am happy to report that we did find it.

We are in Ayutthaya, Thailand and this island city is well known for its old ruins which date back to the 14th century, and unlike most of the historical heritages, we are able to get up close and personal with them.

We had rented bikes for the day and saw a few other ruins before heading out to look for this cache. It was really close, only about 30 mins ride away and once in the general vicinity, it took us about 10 mins to find. Hidden under some bricks in the corner of one of the ruins. Very cool.

We stole a Travel Bug, which looks like it came from Utah, and it's goal is to have its picture taken with as many dogs as possible. Go figure huh? Anyways, there's tons of wild dogs here in Thailand but I don't think I'll be trying to get any pictures of them. We'll see if I can find any to take otherwise, I'm dropping this guy off at the next stop.

We left one of the Twoonies we brought with us. But since it was an American who started the cache, I think he may be a bit disappointed with what we left. :) It's like us getting the American quarter in Qingdao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home