IndyJunior © Bryan Boyer

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Made in China...

As a side note to Jenni's blog about Fuli Town, we saw something pretty interesting.

Everyone knows almost everything is made here in China. But when I think about that, I picture huge factories, people sitting at work stations, conveyor belts and the like. Well, we were walking through a small street and we can see people sitting in the doorways. I looked at one old lady probably in her 70's or 80's hunched over 2 little dishes in her lap. I noticed that on 1 dish, there were glass cylinders and in the other dish, there were green cylinders.

I did a double take and saw that they were the little Christmas lights you buy from Noma and stuff. I thought it was absolutely hilarious that "she" and others in that town I'm sure, was the factory!

Made in China alright!

1 Comments:

  • hahaha that's so hilarious! so some of my stuff that's made in china might be "handmade!"

    one of my dad's friends told me that many towns are solely focused on a certain thing. For example, there's one town that does doors. 10 miles of factories to produce doors of all shapes and sizes. Even the towsfolk (like the lady you saw) will make their own doors by hand to sell on their lawn! look out for that! you might've been in "christmas lights" town!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home