IndyJunior © Bryan Boyer

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Shantou




Shantou (N23.35693, E116.67480) is a very small town compared to some of the other places we've been to so far. The area where we stayed was Ang Po (N23.44883, E116.67847), and I don't think it could get more local than that. I don't think there were any foreigners there and the places were so typical chinese (at least I think). It rained most of the time and Jenni's Uncle spent everyday with us showing us the local sites and all. He was extremely generous. We ate all the local Chiu Chow food which was highlighted by a deer horn drink (which was actually pretty good). We went in search of Jenni's family history and I'm sure you can read up on it on her blog.

It was cold. Darned cold. I think people can make a fortune here selling heaters!

From here on, we're on our own. Gonna take the train in to Guangzhou.

1 Comments:

  • I didn't know Jenni is Chiu Chau. So am I. Enjoyed reading on your advanture. Eddy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:32 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home