IndyJunior © Bryan Boyer

Monday, March 27, 2006

Shantou to Guangzhou


We took the train (7 hrs) from Shantou to Guangzhou (N23.12485, E113.23849) on our own for the first time! Wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. The train was busy but not so busy that you couldn't move or breath!

Once in to Guangzhou, we had to take a cab to Shamian Island where the hostel was. Again, it was surprisingly easy. Pointing to the book works wonders!

Now since we are in Guangzhou, my Cantonese can help us get around again. Although at some points, I could swear they didn't understand a word I was saying. It was weird though since I could understand what they were saying.

2 Comments:

  • Haha! That's so funny, Ian. I swear I had a similar experience when I was visiting my family in Korea. I thought I was speaking Korean, but no one understood me even though I understood them. I'm enjoying reading yours and Jenni's blog!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:33 a.m.  

  • double chin!!! joking! joking!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:09 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home