IndyJunior © Bryan Boyer

Friday, May 05, 2006

I....Need........Oxygen!

Altitude schmaltitude....

We're ready to head out on our 5 night overland trip around the Southern Central part of Tibet. Some of the areas we will hit will be anywhere between 3500 - 5600 m elevation. We are a bit worried about altitude sickness but since we've spent at least 2 weeks already above 3000 m we should be ok.

However, the Chinese being ever so good entrepreneurs, have loaded stores in Tibet with bottled Oxygen! Yup. Good old O2 for 20 Yuan a bottle. Being the suckers we are, we bought a bottle. Check it out!
I was very surprised when I picked up the bottle that it was super light. I think I made a weird face cause the lady who owned the store started laughing at me. I can't help but think we got swindled! :)

The cap becomes the face mask used to inhale the oxygen. There's about 14 L of oxygen in there. What that comes out to be in breaths I have no idea. I can't wait to try it. Ever since seeing this, I've been wanting to send a few bottles home but I don't think we can send these via post....please correct me if I am wrong!

Hopefully we won't have to use this on the trip, but you can rest assured that before we leave Tibet, this bottle will be empty! Will let you all know how it smells, tastes, feels etc...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home