IndyJunior © Bryan Boyer

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

What Pollution?

My last blog said that Lanzhou was the most polluted city in the world. I had high expectations as to what this meant on our way there. I pictured a yellow haze hovering over the city all day, barely being able to see the sun, and the people with cotton face masks.

Arriving in Lanzhou at 8:00 am we were greeted with nothing but sunshine. We got into the hotel and still nothing but sunshine! What the heck man! We stopped here just to see the smog!

I guess this isn't the first time Lonely Planet has been wrong. We've run into quite a few mistakes/typos in their book so maybe this was wrong too. I've tried to look for the most polluted city in the world but can't find a list here. Maybe someone out there knows for sure?

In any event, of the two nights we spent in Lanzhou, here's a picture of one of the mornings. There is a bit of smog, but really, nothing to sneeze at. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home