IndyJunior © Bryan Boyer

Monday, April 10, 2006

I'm back in Toronto....

Psyche! Just kidding. For the last couple of days, I did think we were in Toronto again. We were in Kunming (N24.96, E102.66) and it's a city of about 3.5 million. We stayed near the downtown and there were skyscrapers everywhere, all the brand name stores. It was kind of crazy. We didn't take in any of the tourist sights but there were still some interesting experiences.

1. Tried ordering noodles and a local place. Got the wrong ticket (you pay first then go to a window with your ticket) went back, pointed and grunted, got the right one, had the person making the dish yell at us, had no clue what she was saying, finally got something, ate it and it was DELICIOUS! No idea what it was though.

2. Found the "Old" part of Kunming, was taking pictures to show old buildings to new, when I looked behind me, there were about 4 teens right at our backs (up to no good said my senses). Decided to leave then.

3. Found another "Old" part of Kunming and was taking a walk through to look at the houses and stuff and some guy comes up and starts yelling at us to leave (at least that's what I think). Really wish I knew what he was saying.

4. Started to not like the "Old" parts so much. :)

5. Yunnan has some damned spicy food! Can't wait for Sichuan. Don't think my Zantac is going to last.

6. Could have sworn our dorm room became a DVD pirating operation. 4 people (who spoke French) moved in and when we got back to our dorm, there were DVD's all over the floor. They were busy stuffing them into CD wallets and then wrapping their clothes around them....hmmm shady....

7. I budded in line for the first time! Although it was kinda weak, there was only one other lady who was buying bread and she started asking the person behind the counter but right away I said I wanted this and that cake and away we went! hahaha....

Overall, great to see what it was like, but happy to be on our way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home