IndyJunior © Bryan Boyer

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Secret to Weight Loss

We came across a scale in Lanzhou and thought we'd see if we've gained or lost any weight so far.

I was really surprised to see a 15 lbs loss since we left Toronto!

Gaining weight was a long shot especially since we do so much walking and hiking, sometimes eating only instant noodles for meals (those darned overnight train rides), and the portions here being a lot smaller than those back home.

Unfortunatly, I know a good chunk of it was muscle since I decided to try to do some dips the other day and could only manage 5 before I fell off the bunk bed, but those love handles are definitely a bit smaller these days too!

I wonder how my cholesterol is doing though. I'm sure all those dough sticks, fried bread with meat and full fat yogurts haven't helped! But darn it aren't they tasty! I'm hoping the Pu Er tea I bought in Dali will help...

At this rate, no one is going to recognise me when I get back but at least I can kind of "start over" in the gym. Oh, and the biking will be a lot easier! Sweet!

1 Comments:

  • That's good news and bad news Losing weight is one thing, but losing muscle! What will happen if you aren't there to carry those canoes for us when we portage again! Anyhow its good that you drew the line attempting to climb the Great Wall, I would've freaked if anything happened. Thanks for the postcard in Tibet! I'm still surprised to see that there is places you can still keep up this blog!!!

    Cheers,
    Slee

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:19 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home