IndyJunior © Bryan Boyer

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Yes, I've confirmed I am still scared of heights!

We're now in Old Dali city in Yunnan province. The entire south west area is covered with lots of mountain ranges over 4000m. Dali itself is at 2000m above sea level.

We decided to go up the local mountains where there is an 11km walk from Zonghe Shan to Gantong Shan. The path itself is very well made, nice and wide with stone tiling. Unfortunately, it's on the cliff faces of all these mountains and there must have been a 300m drop if I were to have looked over the edge (I'll take Jenni's word for it!).

The walk was 4 hours long and I think I was slowly going crazy for about 3.5 of them. It was amazing views, amazing heights, and very beautiful! And it's just the beginning. Sigh...I'm wondering what the hell I got myself into. But it must be done! So suck it up right?!?

Check out some of the pics...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home